Sunday, November 30, 2008

In a Twilight zone

For some reason there is a weird line down the right side of this thing. How annoying. I'm pretty sure that wasn't there the last time I was here two months ago.

So I went to Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with some of my cousins. It was a good time. While I was there I was drugged, I mean dragged, to that crazy Twilight movie you've heard so much about. But I didn't do much complaining, because it only cost 5 dollars. That's right, $5.00! For a movie in a really nice theater! In New York I usually pay $12.50 for a small theater that doesn't even have stadium seating. Come on 86th Street Cinemas (if that is your real name) (and I'm pretty sure it isn't) (I think it's Loews or something) get with the program. You think just because you're in New York you can charge that much for a medium sized screen and "classic" style seating? I hate you. I'm going to Times Square next time. It costs the same, but the theaters are big and nice. Of course, they're filled with really noisy annoying people, but maybe on the way I can get accosted by someone trying to sell me tickets to a comedy show.

Anyway, I have no idea why this Twilight movie is so popular. It's not even that good. The story line is not interesting at all. In the first two thirds of the movie nothing even happens. The chick and the creepy guy fall in love. That's the only thing that happens. Then the last third gets a little interesting and entertaining.

Now I have never read the book, so I can't complain about inaccuracies and discrepancies. Also, maybe things I complain about were explained better in the book and what not, but I'm just going off the movie, so you can't complain to me for not understanding something.

I don't understand why the vampires have super powers. I've never heard that legend before. They can run really fast, see the future, read minds, have super strength, hearing and smelling, they're really good at baseball, have glowing skin, and six pack abs. It was almost like an episode of Smallville, but less interesting. And that's pretty bad.

It also bugged me how the vampire family was so accepting of the guy dating a human when they knew it would only cause problems. He's been around for hundreds of years. When will he learn? Why doesn't he just find another vampire to date? Why doesn't he just date that one vampire lady. I think her name was Victoria or something. She seems nice.

Anyway, I think I might have to agree with my 12 year old first cousin once removed when he said the scariest part of the movie was when they were kissing.

Yes, I know this is stupid.

7 comments:

mle said...

It would be a pretty stupid movie if you know nothing about the book. I thought it was pretty stupid the first time I saw it with all the little teeny-bopper girly freaks. But the second time was better! Imagine that. ;)

Unknown said...

It was definitely teeny-bopper-land at the midnight showing when it came out. I might watch it again, but not until it is on DVD...and I even read the books. This is your aunt (not uncle, though I am using his account right now) who lives near Forks and has been there to check it out. (By the way, the high school in the movie was NOT the high school in Forks, WA.)

Julie said...

LOL. Hannah who is also your cousin once removed (though only 10 and a girl) liked it and wants to know when the next one is coming out. It must be an age (gender) thing.

Tami said...

I liked the movie because I understood what was happening (I read the book). But I would have hated it if I had seen it with teeny-bopper crowd. That wasn't the Forks High School, but the sign for Forks was accurate, as was the Forks High School sign. Thanks to Mom and Dad for taking a day trip to Forks with Jer and me (and Matt) this past summer! I think some of that footage really was from La Push--the cliffs are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

а вот и видео про ремонт сомтрите http://remontsam.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

значит расшифровывается имя настя

Anonymous said...

карта чусового http://chusowoj.ru/karta-chusovogo/